Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Broiled beef and chicken flavored with lemon and parsley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz top sirloin or other steak cubes (12 cubes)
- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch cubes (12 cubes)
- 1 large white onion, cut into ¾-inch squares (12 pieces)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) red bell pepper, rinsed and cut into ¾-inch squares (12 squares)
- 12 wooden or metal skewers, each 6 inches long (if wood, soak them in warm water for 5–10 minutes to prevent burning)
- Preheat grill pan or oven (with the rack 3 inches from the upper heat source) to 400ºF.
- Combine ingredients for the marinade, and divide between two bowls (one bowl to marinate the raw meat and one bowl for cooking and serving).
- Mix the beef, chicken, onion, tomatoes, and red pepper cubes in one bowl of the marinade and let sit. After 5 minutes, discard remaining marinade.
- Place one piece of beef, chicken, tomato, onion and red pepper on each of the 12 skewers.
- Grill or broil on each of the four sides for 2 – 3 minutes, or until completely cooked (to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F for beef and 165°F for chicken). Spoon most of the second half of the marinade over the kebabs while cooking.
- Serve three skewers per person. Drizzle the remaining marinade on top of each kebab before serving (use only the marinade that did not touch the raw meat or chicken).
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 3 skewers
Each serving provides: calories 202, total fat 11g, saturated fat 2g, cholesterol 40mg, sodium 333mg, total fiber 2g, protein 18g, carbohydrates 9g, potassium 431mg