Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
It may be hard to say “ratatouille” (pronounced rat-uh-TOO-ee), but this one dish recipe will show you that it’s very easy to eat
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, about 7 inches long, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 can (14½ oz) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- ½ Tbsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1½ tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and minced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Add chicken and sauté for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley and black pepper. Stir and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Tip: Serve with a side of whole wheat pasta.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1½ C chicken and vegetables
Each serving provides: calories 266, total fat 8g, saturated fat 2g, cholesterol 66mg, sodium 253mg, total fiber 6g, protein 30g, carbohydrates 21g, potassium 1,148mg